Tom has been in the raw land real estate and consulting forestry business since 1978 and currently serves as the President of Percival Land & Timber Consultants, Inc. He began his life working on dairy farms in a very remote part of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania which fueled his passion for rural lands. After graduating with an Associate’s Degree in Conservation from SUNY Cobleskill, he headed south in 1973 to attend NC State University in their Forestry program. In 1978, he finished with a B.S. in Forestry and a B.S. in Natural Resources and began working for a Jackson, Mississippi based consulting forestry firm in their Raleigh office. He later served as the branch manager of their Lumberton, NC office before beginning his own consulting forestry firm in Lumberton in 1982.
He began partnering with Kenneth Richardson in 1993 on real estate ventures for investors looking for good returns on land investments. He’s worked on projects from Pennsylvania to Florida in a real estate and consulting capacity. Since their partnership began, he has worked with farmers advising them on their woodland management and eventually began specializing in farmland purchases and sales. In the past four years, with the addition of his son David to the team, the group has begun to maximize the returns for their clients in additional ways, such as alternative energy sales and leases. He has been able to amass a great network of colleagues throughout his 38 years in the industry that has proved invaluable to his firm’s clients realizing the greatest returns on their properties.
Tom is a licensed realtor in North and South Carolina, as well as a registered forester in both of these states. He has served on numerous local and state boards, but spends most of his time working with the team to find higher and better uses for his clients’ investment properties. The Southeastern U.S. is a major destination for investors and Tom and the group believes the future in agriculture and timber investments is extremely strong in this area
– Associate Degree- SUNY Cobleskill- Conservation- 1973
– BS- North Carolina State University- Natural Resource Recreation Management- 1978
– BS- North Carolina State University- Forestry- 1978
– Licensed Real Estate Broker- North Carolina- 1979-Present
– Licensed Real Estate Broker- South Carolina- 1999-Present
– Registered Forester- North Carolina- 1982-Present
– Registered Forester- South Carolina- 1989-Present
– Member Lumberton, NC Board of Realtors
– Member Realtors Land Institute
– Appointed Member of the North Carolina Environmental Management Commission